One of my first and best bloggy buddies, Jen, at The King And Eye gives us a chance to share our older posts. This week, share one of those posts with the 7 things you don't know about me.
I am cheating and putting 2!
****Here is one dated back to just under a YEAR ago, January 14, 2010: http://mommytotwoboys.blogspot.com/2010/01/my-seven.html But just in case you don't want to click, here are the 7:
2. On a much, much lighter note...My husband and I are high school sweethearts. We've been together, on and off, for 16 years, married for 6. This is us at his Senior Prom in 1995. I haven't changed a bit (heehee)!!!
3. We met in the high school drumline, I played bass drum and he played snare. Yes, I was a drummer chick. And in concert season I played the bassoon. Anyone even know what that is? I don't play anymore, but my husband is a professional musician. This is him at a show.
5. One day in the near future, I plan to volunteer in a NICU. Because of our experience and the awesome nurses and doctors who were so good to us, I want to pay it forward. I could never do needles and blood, so nursing is not for me, but I can definitely volunteer.
6. My Spanish is pretty good. I taught in FL for 4 years and needed to learn Spanish to communicate better with my students and their parents. I have my ESL certification and tutor 3 ESL students a week.
7. If I ever do go back to teaching, I will be a completely different teacher. I was good, but my perspective has totally changed since having kids, especially one with special needs. Every student is some one's baby. Every students is their own special person, with needs, wants, strengths and weaknesses. It is not possible to do it all, one year I had 32 second graders which was more like babysitting, but more can be done to foster our kids. My son is going to need a lot of love, special accommodation, and understanding when he goes to school. I wonder if he had been a student of mine would I have done a good enough job?
****And the 2nd is from August 24, 2010: http://mommytotwoboys.blogspot.com/2010/08/lets-drink-tea.html
1. The movie The Sixth Sense totally messed me up. For life. I still have to jump into my bed from about 4 feet away. Ridiculous. A 31 year old woman jumping into her bed every night.
2. I used to play the bassoon. What is that you ask? Here is me playing it. Right before I sold it.
3. I am scared to swim in the ocean. The reason:
4. I hate chic flicks. No love stories here. I love Jaws (that could explain number 3 huh?), Jurassic Park, Twister, Signs, and many other action packed movies.
5. I love pink. Unfortunately, with 2 boys, there is not much pink in this house.
6. Having kids changed my life alright. And not just in the Johnson & Johnson commercial way. Since having kids I am always hot, have acne, hemorrhoids, stretch marks, and I sag in areas that used to be firm.
7. I love having a fireplace. It makes winter here in CT perfect.
Now head on over to Jen's and Air YOUR Archives!